For personnel listed in category 5 & 8 as per Table 1.5.A of the IATA DGR
Using IATA’s eLearning platform, this course is an interactive and cost-effective-way to fulfill your dangerous goods training requirements as a freight forwarder, operator, or ground handler involved in the handling, storage, and loading of cargo or mail and baggage.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Identify and classify dangerous goods
- Recognize dangerous goods labels and package specification markings
- Detect hidden dangerous goods in cargo and mail
- Understand provisions for dangerous goods in the baggage of passengers and crew
- Follow basic dangerous goods emergency response procedures
Course format: This is a self-study IATA eLearning course
- This course requires approximately 5 hours of study, to be completed within one year.
- All candidates will be given 3 attempts to successfully complete the final exam.
- To successfully pass the exam, the student must achieve a grade of 80% or higher.
- Upon successful completion of the exam, you will be awarded an e-Certificate available for you to print for your records.
- Classification – Classes and Divisions
- Marking and Labelling
- Storage and Loading
- Provision of Information
- Dangerous Goods Emergency Response
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Freight forwarder staff involved in the handling, storage and loading of cargo, mail or stores
- Operator and ground handling agent staff involved in the handling, storage and loading of cargo, mail or stores
- Airline and cargo training specialists
- Operations managers and frontline supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher.
- This self-study eLearning course is a quick and flexible training method that allows you to learn using short, interactive modules.